Cessation of Hostilities

Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Mr. Abdul Malik Al-Mikhlafi said that he sent a letter to the Special Envoy of the UN for Yemen‬ Mr. Ismail Ould Cheikh Ahmed confirming the Yemeni government’s commitment to the terms and provisions of the cessation of hostilities, which have been proposed by the United Nations.

Mr. Al-Mikhlafi also confirmed that His Excellency President of the Republic instructed all military commanders to halt combat operations starting today April 10, 2016, from 23:59. He pointed out that the leadership of the Arab Coalition has released a statement stressing its commitment to the ceasefire, based on a request letter from the President of the Republic addressed to the Coalition.

Mr. Al-Mikhlafi explained that a series of agreements had been reached in provinces where confrontations are taking place, under the auspices of the Coalition forces led by Saudi Arabia in Dhahran Al-Janoub, in the southern region of Saudi Arabia, between representatives of the ‪‎Yemeni‬ government and the Houthis to halt combat operations, lift the siege on besieged cities, and allow the delivery of food and medicine to these regions.

Mr. Al-Mikhlafi said the government provided all it could to ensure the ceasefire and to alleviate the suffering of the Yemeni people; as well as to head to Kuwait with a positive atmosphere with the sincere hope that the other party is committed to all the conditions and agreements signed so far.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *