THE EMBASSY IN WASHINGTON DC IS NOT ISSUING ANY TOURIST'S VISA AT THIS TIME
Visa requirements for US passport holders and US residents:
|1)||An invitation letter from the Republic of Yemen, Department of Immigration
Download and complete the Visa Application Form. (PDF)
|2)||Your original passport, which must be valid for at least six months after the date of the intended departure to Yemen.|
|3)||Two (2) recent, passport-sized color photographs.|
|4)||For Business Visa requests: a letter from employer in Yemen must be provided.|
|5)||For Student Visa requests: a letter of acceptance from the institution in Yemen must be provided. It should indicate the nature and duration of study.|
|6)||A pre-paid, self-addressed USPS Express Mail return envelope. (Certified mail only)|
|7)||Doctor's letter confirming the absence of any contagious or communicable diseases.|
|8)||If the applicant is under the age of 18, both the mother and father's approval must be provided in a letter signed and observed by a Notary Public.|
|9)||The minimum processing time is 2 weeks, if approved by the relevant authorities in Yemen.|
|Visa fees are paid through a MONEY ORDER payable to "The Embassy of Yemen". The fee for a three-month, single entry Visa is $35. The fee for a six-month, multiple entry Visa is $65. There is a $30 processing fee for expedited issuance.|
Note: For fee exemption, individuals holding dual citizenship from Yemen & the U.S. are required to provide some form of Yemeni Identification.
Visa Requirements for U.S. Diplomatic and Official Visas
To apply for a Diplomatic visa, you must provide the following:
- Two (2) completed application forms. All application forms must be typed and must include:
- The Sponsor / Host in Yemen. (e.g., U.S. Embassy in Sana’a, U.S. Consulate in Sana’a, etc.)
- Residential address in Yemen(e.g. Hotel, family or friend’s house, etc.).
- Original passport signed by the bearer, should not expire within six months from the expected time of arrival in Yemen.
- A copy of your passport and a copy of the application. (Please print in color)
- Two (2) original passport-sized photos.
- An original letter from the concerned U.S. Government agency (e.g. of State, Dept. of the Army, Dept. of the Navy, etc.) The letter must include:
- Your position (e.g., Colonel, Engineer, etc.) and the purpose of your visit.
- Name and phone number of your point of contact in Yemen and confirmation of your sponsor during your stay in Yemen.
- If you are sending the Visa application through the mail please include a prepaid, self-addressed envelope with a tracking number (Certified mail only).
Note: Visas requires prior approval from YEMENI authorities and the Embassy requires a minimum of two (2-4) business days to issue the visa.
Visa Requirements for Non-US Citizens (Tourist Passports)
1- An invitation letter from Yemen, Department of Immigration.
2- Your original passport, which must be valid for at least six months after the date of the intended departure to Yemen.
3- A complete the Visa Application Form.
4- Two recent, passport-sized color photographs.
5- Confirmation of round-trip airline ticket or airline ticket to another destination
Note : If you are a citizen of one of the following countries, you Will need a visa to Yemen:
• Hong Kong
• New Zealand
• San Marino
• Saudi Arabia
• South Korea
• The Netherlands
• United Kingdom and Northern Ireland